Monday, June 05, 2006

Life In Om Koi

I am now a regular teacher at the Om Koi highschool. I teach conversational english to the teens here. The kids are great my english on the other hand is poor to say the least. This previous weekend I went to one of the students villages and I got to meet her family. The village Houses are basically cabins, often there is one room for eating sleeping and cooking. Also they usually have a deck type thing as the houses are all raised so you end up spending alot of time outside. There is no bathroom so everywhere is your territory if you know what I mean. I didn't have a bath the whole two nights I was there because you bath outside in front of everyone and I think the people stare at me enough no need to excellerate the situation. Willeyewan(the student who's house I was at) is very smart her english is good and I like her alot her brother Satiit also is at the Bahai center he is one of my favorites although it is hard to pick because they are all lovely. As well as their parents I got to meet their grandparents man old people are funny it doesn't matter what culture you are in. One night her grandmother laughed so hard she cried then had to leave the room (my kind of people). They wanted me to stay they said I didn't need to come back to Om Koi I could stay there and get a Caren(the name of the people in the village) boyfriend, I of course said I already had one in Canada and he may not be happy if I did that. So they settled for a promise to come again as soon as I could. To get to Yung Gow(the name of the village) I walked 4 km no big deal really only up and down two mountains and through a river only took an hour. Actually it wasn't hard at all I had a great time and I love hiking through the forrest. I call it forrest because it is more like BC forrest than I am sure you can imagine there are even pine trees. Oh also I have rediscovered my sick fascination with bugs and let me tell you there are some cool ones here there is one that looks like a scarab they have sticky feet and let you pick them up it's pretty cool. Anyway I am using the Highschool internet right now and I don't think I should be on for much longer. I will wriet again soon and Hopefully add some pictures. Love to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home