Wednesday, July 19, 2006

In Singapore

I arrived to Singapore last night. I haven't done anything yet. I have to admit though that I am a bit culture shocked. Which if you had been here you would think is funny. I actually can not get over how much like the west it is and how unlike Thailand it is. I think maybe culture shock is an exageration, but I am a little surprised. The people have it good here man. The housing is free if you are in transition the rate of homlessness is low and they are only homeless out of choice. I didn't know this before but Singapore was formed by 4 nations, British, Chinese, Indian, and Malay (I think). So everywhere you go there are Government signs that have all four languages. People here are really exceping of other cultures it really cool. The economy here is really good, so the dollar is high. I thought it was going to cost alot to get around and eat, but actually the government keeps food and transport cost low so it's a big city with small city prices. It's awsome. I still prefer Thailand though, but I kind of like a little dirt here and there. I guess I like to rough it. Honestly if you want an easy holiday come to Singapore, it's a bit expensive but if your careful you can keep the cost low. I leave for the Phillipines tomorrow that's going to be interesting because it is a real third world country. I imagine I will enjoy it alot. I'll keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home